Call For Pitches
The Massy Voices Salon Series is back! This year-long project between Massy Books and Massy Arts Society includes in-person, live-streamed, and recorded literary events—and we want to co-create it with you.
Are you a publisher looking to host an upcoming launch? Are you an author looking to have critical, themed conversations alongside other authors? Got a poetry night waiting to happen? If you are an over-excluded author or a publisher who represents one and are looking to organize a reading, workshop, talk, launch, or any other literary-related manifestation please pitch it to our community hub.
Before you pitch us your literary event, please familiarize yourself with our Community Care which includes information about Accessibility and the values we uphold at Massy Arts Society. Please also note:
- We prioritize Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGBTQ2IA+, disabled authors
- Due to funding restrictions, authors must be Canadian and cannot be self-published
- Our grant allows us to pay a modest honorarium of $100 and we are actively applying for more funding to match CARFAC rates
How To Apply
Please submit in one email:
- A one paragraph description of the event including listed authors and their recent works
- A date range or month to host this event (or recurring times if pitching a series)
- If you plan to have someone host or moderate the event
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and address to Community Engagement Coordinator, Romila.