Image credit: Cai Leting – Lateral Support 纵向支撑
Call For Submissions
Massy Arts Gallery is calling all visual/media artists to submit artworks for exhibition. While all artists are welcome to apply, we are dedicated to creating space for local Indigenous and over-excluded artists. We accept 2D and 3D artworks including paintings, sculptures, installations, drawings, video art, sound art, and more.
This can serve as a catalytic opportunity for emerging artists to have their art assessed by a jury of art professionals and to display their work publicly. We offer approximately $10,000 of in-kind services including space and equipment rental; copywriting and promotions; and, workshop and event coordination. If the sale of any artwork is managed by the artist, Massy Arts does not require a commission.
Currently, we require artists to:
- submit ready-to-display artwork
- manage the installation and deinstallation of the exhibition (assistance is available if requested, please inform in the proposal)
- work timely and respectfully with our staff
- secure their own funding, if necessary (some assistance may be available upon request)
- manage the sale of their artwork, if available for purchase (assistance is available if requested)
How To Apply
Please provide us with: exhibition title, artist statement (100-200 words), artist bio (100-200 words), artistic CV (max. 3 pages), and a complete list of works (photos, title, technique, year, and price).
The proposal should be sent in a single email, as a single pdf file, to Massy Arts’ curator and community arts coordinator Rafael Zen at email@example.com.