Call For Submissions
Massy Arts Gallery is calling all artists to submit artworks for exhibition. While all artists are welcomed to apply, we are dedicated to creating space for Indigenous and over-excluded artists. We accept all 2D and 3D artworks including: paintings, sculptures, installations, drawings, video art, sound art, and more.
This can serve as a catalytic opportunity for emerging artists to have their art assessed by a jury of art professionals and to display their work publicly. We offer approximately $10,000 of in-kind services including: space and equipment rental; copywriting and promotions; and, workshop and event coordination. If the sale of any artwork is managed by the artist, Massy Arts does not require a commission.
Currently we don’t operate off any grants except operational costs funded by Massy Books, an Indigenous woman-owned and operated bookstore on the unceded territories of XwMuthkwium (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. As such, we require artists to:
- submit ready-to-display artwork
- manage the installation and deinstallation of the exhibition (assistance is available if requested)
- work timely and respectfully with our staff
- secure their own funding, if necessary (some assistance is available if requested)
- manage the sale of their artwork, if available for purchase (assistance is available if requested)
How To Apply
Please include in your submission package:
- the proposed exhibition title
- 10-15 images of the artwork that you want to submit for the show (please ensure each image is under 2MB)
- artwork descriptions including title, year, medium, size and price
- your CV, bio, and artist statement
- your contact information (website is optional)
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and address to Community Arts Coordinator, Rafael Zen.